Macie & Lilah were in Sturgis with Grammie & Pops, and Aunt Abbie & Uncle Brian needed to attend Abbie's aunt's funeral. It worked out perfectly for Gavin to stay with us! Wil planned on going dove hunting out of town with Dan-dad, but Parker and I didn't have any plans. We were sooo excited for Gavin to stay the night with us. The boys had so much fun together. I loved watching them. They giggled and giggled. They were mischievous little boys. Before Wil left, we went to our neighbors to see the chickens, goats, and cows.
I made hamburgers for lunch, and the boys ate like little pigs. They napped well, and I did too. After naps, we loaded up the car and headed to the new playground on the river. I was worried about rain, but it held off. Gavin was such a good boy at the park. He held my hand and listened so well! Parker, on the other hand, was out of control. He was so overwhelmed and excited! It was pretty impossible to keep up with both boys by myself. If one went down the slide, I had to rush the other one down so I can run around and be there for them at the bottom of the slide. We took a snack break about half way through our stay. On the way back to our car, I praised Gavin.
Me: Your Mommy & Daddy will be so proud!
Gavin: Mommy told me to be a good big boy.
Me: Well you were! You listened so well and followed directions.
Gavin: Parker didn't.
Me: No, Parker didn't. (hahahaha)
I loved watching Parker and Gavin look at each other! They seriously spoke in secret cousin code.
| Gavin taught Parker how to make a tent |
My biggest challenge was keeping the boys off the coffee table. I gave up after a while and decided to just document the occassion. Don't they look cute :)
The next morning, the boys got some special time with Wil. They watched different types of animals on the computers -- bull frogs, snakes, a little bit of everything.
| Cousins |
No comments:
Post a Comment