We survived Christmas, but Parker was feeling pretty crummy by the day after. I had planned such a productive day -- I
was going to send Parker to daycare, and I
was going to organize our new Christmas gifts, take down the Christmas tree, and tackle our bedroom closet. Parker had other plans. He was still running a fever, and I knew his breathing was bad enough to warrant steroids. We waited for his pediatrician's office to open, but the phone lines weren't acting right. I finally got forwarded to the hospital, who informed me that the pediatrician's office was closed "due to the weather." I was furious! Although the weather reports called for a "blizzard," they were totally wrong. The roads were clear by 9:30.

I also called the ENT, but they were closed too. Parker and I headed to Convenient Care, waited over two hours, and left with steroids and a stronger antibiotic. My frustration was high that day... almost depressingly high. Parker gets sick all.the.time. especially on holidays. I know better than to make plans. He has a way of ruining them. The day after Christmas was also day 10 on his previous antibiotics for an ear infection. How can he be on antibiotics for 10 days and still wind up so sick? It's frustrating.
I called Dr. Ray's nurse the following day when they reopened. She agreed that maybe we needed to try a different approach. She set up an appointment with Dr. Ray for Monday, Jan 7th. The hope was that she could listen to his breathing while he was "well." Dr. Ray also told us to switch his pulmicort to twice a day -- same total dose for the day, just divided.
Parker didn't eat well for nearly a week.
No comments:
Post a Comment