Sunday, February 26, 2012

Valentine's Day

Since Parker came along, I think Wil and I have only been out to dinner alone 2 times -- once was when Parker was about 2 weeks old and again when we was about 3-4 weeks old.  We’ve technically had several outings without Parker (a trip or two to the farm, WFC Auction, Anna’s wedding, KBP’s Christmas Party, etc), but we never really get much “us” time.  We haven’t been on a “date” in forever! It just never seems to work out, and we haven’t found a local sitter.  Most of this is my fault. I just feel guilty having Parker in daycare all week and then not taking advantage of our time with him on the weekend.  
Well Aunt Katie knows that Wil and I never go out alone, and her boyfriend had class on Valentine’s Day.  After some persuasion, she convinced Wil and I to go to dinner for Valentine’s Day. Wil and I ended up eating Mexican. I know, not exactly the most romantic place… but we have a lot of history with Mexican restaurants.  Before Parker, we’d just pick up and go eat there twice a week.  We’d eat dinner, have a drink, and just sit there and talk. We both really miss making that time for each other. 


We really, really enjoyed our long Valentine’s dinner – and we did sit and talk after we were finished, just like old times. I felt guilty, really guilty. We only saw Parker for a few minutes the whole day, because it was a week day and he was asleep when we got home.  Did Parker care? Not really. He had a blast with Aunt Katie. 
Thanks Wil for being my perfect Valentine!
Thanks Aunt Katie for convincing us to go to dinner and watching our sweet little boy!

Okay, okay. Enough about us – This was Parker’s First Valentine’s Day! Of course, he got some special valentines!  Parker even bought me a card (with a little help from Daddy) and Parker made Mommy & Daddy a card (with a little help from Aunt Katie).




Thanks for a perfect Valentine’s Day!
Aunt Katie actually spent the night with us on Valentine’s Day, and we ran some errands the next day. Parker was good as gold!

No comments:

Post a Comment