My boss was out sick last week, so I had to work Wednesday. This actually worked out perfectly, because it allowed me to take off work on Friday. I was a little stressed about getting everything finished for Parker's birthday party the next day. I decided to send him to daycare in the morning, so I could go home and bake. I was so proud, because I was able to make his giant cupcake cake, regular cupcakes, and sugar cookies all before noon! I met up with Wil for lunch and then picked up Parker.
If you know me at all, you know I hate storms! I knew we were in a high risk for tornadoes, so Parker and I headed to Mimi & Dan-dad's house to ride out the weather. We weren't there long before the sirens started and we headed to the basement. If it would have just been Parker and me, I would have been really anxious... but we had plenty of distractions in the basement. Parker immediately spotted Mimi's Christmas decorations and a "buck" (a.k.a. a Christmas reindeer). Mimi even pulled out an old train to help entertain Parker.
Sorry my pictures are so blurry. I left my camera in the car, and these were taken with my cell phone.
After the storms passed, Dan-dad pulled up the first episode of Mickey Mouse (Steamboat Willie, 1928) for Parker to watch on the computer. Parker doesn't really watch TV, but he enjoyed watching this! Mickey Mouse was my favorite, and I secretly hope Parker loves him too.
DIY Sliding Closet Door
6 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment