Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Amanda & Dan = FUN!

Amanda & Dan came from Chicago to visit us July 12-14. Parker was excited to see Dan, even though I was fairly confident that he had no idea who he was. Occasionally, Amanda & I will Facetime. Parker may play peek-a-boo with Dan, but nothing regular. He talked up the visit and about Dan the whole day before they arrived. I love getting "roomie" time, but it always goes by too fast.

We headed to the farm on Saturday to go fishing. Parker had a blast, and the guys caught the smallest fish of the day :) 
Dan found a baby frog for Parker to see






Amanda & Dan are expecting a baby girl, Ava Grace, in October.


Crickets! Parker wasn't afraid to grab and pass them out


 
Wil turned on Italian music and made homemade meatballs and spaghetti for dinner. It was delicious! The next morning, Amanda's parents came to visit for a big breakfast (pancakes, bacon, eggs, fruit). Poor Dan was probably exhausted, because Parker loved every second of his visit. They literally "fixed" and "worked" on every single car/truck/animal thing Parker owns. They hammered and wrenched and sawed until their little hearts couldn't work anymore. Wil and I joked that they needed to visit more often. It was so strange being able to cook a big meal and clean up the kitchen without a single interruption from Parker.
 



Parker was exhausted by Sunday night.


No comments:

Post a Comment