Thursday, November 24, 2011

A Crazy Week!

Well, I got the first dreaded call from daycare week before last (11/9). Parker was throwing up! Lovely. Wil had that week off from work, so he was at the farm hunting. I rushed out of work and picked up Parker. He definitely didn't feel well. He was super fussy and clingy, and he is normally neither of these. Wil came home from the farm, because we weren't mentally prepared for a vomiting child. Luckily for us, Parker didn't throw up any more after we got him home. Wil stayed home with Parker on Thursday.

By Sunday, Wil and I still hadn't gotten the bug... so I assumed we were in the clear. We headed to the farm for a little outdoor fun. Parker was so good, and I think the fresh air did us all well.  (We have pictures on our other camera -- I'll add those later)

On the way home from the farm, I started feeling off. I couldn't decide if I was getting car sick or if I just needed to eat something. We grabbed dinner and within an hour I knew I was sick. Lovely. I missed work on Monday. My biggest concern was that I was going to Knoxville with work Tuesday - Friday.  I was sooo hoping Wil wouldn't get it, but he started in late Monday night.  We knew Mimi would be out of town Tuesday during the day, and I just couldn't imagine sending Parker to daycare with me leaving town. What if Parker got sick? There would be no one to pick him up. What if Wil wasn't up to taking care of Parker? I know I didn't start feeling a lot better until Monday night.  So, I packed Parker's bag and drove him to Sturgis Tuesday morning. This was definitely the best decision. Wil ended up throwing up for over 20 hours! Mimi got back to town and brought Wil soup, but he just couldn't keep anything down. He wound up in the ER for dehydration. We are so lucky to have Wil's parents right here in town. I felt horrible that I was in Konxville, Parker was in Sturgis, and Wil was in the ER. However, I knew Parker was taken care of and Wil was too.  THANK YOU MOMs (& Aunt Katie)!

In all the chaos, I did manage to pack my camera for Parker. Parker stayed in Sturgis until Thursday, and he had a great time playing with Ella, Landon, and Lalah. Grammie tried feeding him green beans and mashed potatoes. He didn't really care for either.








No comments:

Post a Comment