Amanda *Roomie* drove in late Friday night from Chicago to spend the weekend with us! She got stuck in a work meeting and didn't get to leave town as early as she would have liked, so it was just after midnight when she got here. We sat up chatting until almost 3am! I
soooo miss our roomie time together! Parker must have known that I needed that extra time with Amanda, because he slept until 7:45 the next morning. I was shocked! He usually wakes up between 5:45 & 6:15. Wil stayed the night at the farm Friday night, so he could hunt Saturday. After taking Parker to the doctor Saturday morning, Amanda, Parker, and I headed to Great Harvest for lunch. Then, we were off to Madisonville for Nanny & Papaw's 50th Wedding Anniversary party. When we got back, we did a little shopping at Kohl's and ordered Papa John's for dinner. Wil met us at the house, and we finally carved those pumpkins. Amanda even taught us how to bake the seeds. She made 2 batches: salted & cinnamon sugar. We sorted through my boxes of wedding decorations, so Amanda could take some of them back with her for her wedding in March. We really do have a special relationship, and I can't wait for her to move back closer. THANKS FOR MAKING THE LONG DRIVE DOWN ROOMIE!
 |
| Wil's pumpkin |
 |
| Roomie's pumpkin didn't work out that well, so Wil is fixing the other side of it |
 |
| Happy Pumpkin Family |
 |
| Wil was really tired and knew he wouldn't get to spend a lot of time with Parker next week. I asked him to carry Parker to bed, but he said he wanted to snuggle instead. When I came in from the kitchen, I thought they looked so sweet. |
No comments:
Post a Comment