I knew I overbooked Thursday-Saturday, Oct 25-27, but I couldn't say no. On Thursday, my boss and her daughter had a party at their house after work. It was so.much.fun! I drank too much wine and stayed out too late, but it was a blast. I really enjoy getting to have some adult girl time. I don't really take enough time for me. On Friday, Parker and I rushed to Sturgis for another 31 party after work. This hostess is a friend of the family, and I knew it would be a great party! My instincts weren't wrong. :) Grammie watched Parker Saturday morning, so I could run back to Owensboro for a 31 Celebrate & Connect meeting. I love these meetings, and I just didn't want to miss it. I rushed out of the meeting and drove back to Sturgis for another 31 party that afternoon!
The week before these parties, Parker started chewing holes in his pacifiers. We knew he was teething, but we hoped he'd stop. Unfortunately, we chewed the end off one of his pacis. I warned his daycare teacher to watch him, but I was really worried he'd do it again. On the way to Sturgis Friday night, Parker started chewing through another pacifier. Grammie promised she'd help break Parker of the paci, and I promised that if he went without it all weekend I wouldn't give it back to hime when we got home. The ride to Sturgis on Friday, Oct 26th, was the last time Parker had his paci. He did really well Friday night and all day Saturday. At one point, I decided he thought we left it at home. He would ask for it, but we'd just tell him it was gone. Sunday was a completely different story. He was pissed. He was sad. He was confused. He was BAD!
Parker and I stayed the night in Sturgis Saturday night, because we had big plans on Sunday. Aunt Katie was going wedding dress shopping, and we were having a Halloween Lunch with Aunt Abbie, Uncle Brian, Macie, Gavin, and Lilah!
| We stopped on the way and bought Parker some play food for being such a big boy! |
| Parker didn't know what to think about wearing his costume. He was bashful and only wanted his Mommy. He wouldn't take a picture with his cousins. |
| Lilah is getting so big! |
After our Halloween lunch, Parker stayed with his cousins and Uncle Brian. Grammie, Aunt Abbie, Aunt Katie, and I headed to David's Bridal for Katie to try on wedding dresses! Luke's mom and sister met us there. Aunt Katie found a beautiful dress! She actually looked stunning in most of them. I know Luke will glow when he sees her in it. There was even enough time left for Olivia, Luke's sister, and I to try on bridesmaid dresses. We left David's Bridal and picked up Parker. I think the kids nearly killed Uncle Brian. Parker barely napped, but we decided to go shopping anyway. It was a bad idea. Parker was terrible. He threw so many fits, and we quit shopping early. He cried most of the way home. I know he was tired, but I also think he was missing his paci.
No comments:
Post a Comment