A lady I work with (Lisa) keeps warning me that I'm going to wake up one day with pants that don't fit anymore. I've been brushing it off for a couple of weeks thinking I had plenty of time... Well, I changed my mind. Sunday morning I pulled my favorite blue jeans out of the dryer and they were TIGHT! I'm fortunate enough to be able to wear jeans to work, so I decided I should go looking for some that day (meanwhile Wil headed to the farm).
I first stopped at Target, because I heard they have great clearance. To make a long story short, I wondered around clueless talking to my mom on the phone. I finally found some maternity jeans and headed for the dressing room. They just fit so weird! I didn't know at this point if it was the jeans or just me. They were saggy in my crouch and I had an extra lump of fabric above the pockets on my butt. YUCK! I whined on the phone to my mom for a while longer as I headed over to TJ Max. I swear people told me they carry maternity clothes... not the case in Owensboro.
By now, I was overwhelmed and worried. I sent Wil a "poor, poor me" text message. He essentially told me to stop worrying and that we'd go shopping together when he got back into town. I just couldn't wait... I made one last ditch effort and headed to Kohl's. There maternity section is TINY, but they have jeans in several styles. I grabbed up 5 kinds and headed to the dressing room. Note: I'm leaving out all the whining and worrying that my lovely mom got to hear. I finally decided that I liked 2 different pairs (one was mid belly and one was full belly). I decided to just buy both and let Wil help me decide later. I felt way better by this point and was even able to find 2 short-sleeve tops and a maternity tank top on clearance!
When Wil got home, I tried on my purchases to get a second opinion. He liked them both too and convinced me to just keep both pair (I'm sure he was secretly thrilled to not have to go shopping that night!). I still haven't worn my new clothes. I decided I wanted to hold off as long as I could. Another lady from work brought in a belly band that you can wear over your regular unbuttoned jeans. It just looks like I've layered my shirts and allows me to keep wearing my favorite jeans. I feel satisfied with my jean situation now, but I know I'm going to have to go to Evansville before long to find maternity tops that are long enough.
THANKS MOM & WIL FOR THE MATERNITY JEAN SHOPPING SUPPORT!
DIY Sliding Closet Door
6 years ago
I've heard that Gordon's here in Evansville carries current Motherhood Brand clothing cheeper than the actual Motherhood store...I'D BE HAPPY TO GO SHOPPING WITH YOU, you know, if Wil wants to stay home or something ;)
ReplyDeleteLove you
I'll definitely have to take you up on that offer! Love you and can't wait to see you soon!!!
ReplyDelete