Friday, September 24, 2010

16 Weeks

Wednesday marked 16 weeks! I can't believe how quickly the weeks are ticking by. My weight is up another half pound this week, which puts me about 1.5 pounds below my pre-pregnancy weight. I started Zumba at the YMCA three times a week in June. I was so frustrated that first month, because I didn't lose any weight. Turns out I was pregnant and bloated. Once the pregnancy queasiness set in, my weight dropped about 4 pounds and I've gradually been gaining it back. I've kept up pretty well with my Zumba classes, and I think it's provided stability to my weight.  They don't really want you gaining weight in your first trimester and say you should gain an average of a pound a week over the second and third trimesters. It's okay to gain less some weeks and more others. So far, I think I'm right on track with my weight.

We had our 16 week doctor's visit on Monday morning. Wil and I got a little nervous because this young ditsy chick took forever to find our baby's heartbeat. She was just looking way too high. Even though we were aggravated with that girl, it was so nice hearing our baby and knowing that everything is still going well. Dr. Smith was great and answered questions for us (no hunting discussion this visit).  She's going to be out of town in 4 weeks, so we scheduled my next appointment with her for 5 weeks. On a brighter note, we have an ultrasound scheduled for 2 weeks from today (Oct 8th)! Assuming our baby cooperates, we should find out the sex of the baby on this day!!! :)  I'm so looking forward to hearing if we're having a boy or a girl! I can't wait to start looking at ideas for the nursery and to pick out a name.  It's going to be difficult forcing myself to wait when it comes to setting up the nursery. There's no sense in decorating a nursery in 2 houses if we can sell ours.

House news: no showings this week... blah...

No comments:

Post a Comment