Sunday, October 3, 2010

17.5 Weeks



This past Wednesday marked 17 weeks! My weight has been fluctuating, but it's safe to say I'm trucking on past my pre-pregnancy weight. This has been a very exciting week! I was able to make it to all 3 zumba classes this week, and I bought a pair of Reebok Easytone shoes.  My stomach has changed even more. Wil took these pictures yesterday morning after my zumba class (sorry for the crazy hair). I feel like there is more definition between my chest and stomach than is pictured... but oh well.  We had another open house yesterday (the only visitors were the ppl who built the house), and I ran to Kohl's during it to spend some Kohl's cash. I was able to find a pair of khaki pants and a few maternity tops. Since it's getting cooler, I really need to sort through my closest and box up all the clothes I know I won't be wearing this winter. 

My right hip and lower back have been bothering me lately, especially when I first wake up in the mornings and in the evenings.  I started feeling some flutters on Wednesday after lunch, but I couldn't convince myself that it was the baby. It's happened a few times off and on since then. Last night, Wil laid his head on my stomach (he's done this forever - even before my pregnancy... but he does it way more often now). His ear and cheek were pressing on my stomach and I was telling him about my flutters. We just laid there and all of a sudden I felt something! I didn't say anything, because I didn't want to disappoint Wil if he couldn't feel it. About 15 seconds later, BAM! One good swift kick/punch! Wil jumped up and looked at me. We couldn't help but laugh! It was really special to experience that first swift kick/punch together. Turns out Wil felt that first movement too, but he wasn't convinced until our baby kicked him in the cheek. Too cool! I felt lots of movement last night and even more this morning. I feel pretty lucky lately :)

We go Friday @ 9:30 for an ultrasound. I can't wait to find out if we're having a baby girl or a baby boy!!! I'm soooo ready to start planning the nursery.  I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment