Saturday, October 30, 2010

21.5 Weeks

How far along: 21.5 Weeks
How I'm feeling: Satisfied. Baby Shep is moving a lot! I really enjoy feeling him throughout the day and especially at night. 
Excitement this week:  I met my mom and Teri last Sunday for an afternoon of browsing baby stuff and a little shopping. I was so excited to use the "expectant mother" parking! I forgot my camera, but I did manage did get a picture with my phone.

On this trip, I purchased my new best friend! It's a Boppy Pregnancy Pillow.
                                      
Other excitement: I went for another appointment Tuesday and the follow-up ultrasound. Wil got tied up at work and wasn't able to go with me. I know he was really disappointed. I found out he was worried something would go wrong, since the only CPA exam I didn't pass on the first try was the one he had to miss.  Luckily, everything checked out great! Baby Shep looks even bigger than when I last saw him (my 18 week ultrasound). He really made that ultrasound tech work hard for her money. He basically stood on his head during most of the ultrasound and flaunted his little boyhood. The ultrasound tech said, "Daddy sure would be proud!"  We'll work on his modesty after he's born.
Cool fact: Dr. Smith told me that Baby Shep sleeps 70 minutes at a time right now.
Next appointment: I go back in 4 weeks (Nov 22) for my next appointment and glucose testing. No, I'm not looking forward to drinking nasty stuff and waiting for an hour. Yes, I'm nervous about the results.
Baby Shep's trick on Mommy: I went to zumba Monday night and made sure I went to the bathroom right before it started. Baby Shep thought it'd be fun to press on my bladder as soon as the music started. I thought it'd surely let up, since I just went... no such luck. I had to step out for another bathroom break. Baby Shep wins!
Cravings: I'm still not having any major cravings. I guess I should be thankful :)
Bump: My belly is certainly growing. More and more people (even strangers) have started commenting about my pregnancy. I'll have Wil take another belly photo soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment