Thursday, October 14, 2010

Other Updates

House News:
Absolutely NONE!!! Our house has officially been on the market for just over 5 weeks. It started out strong but has quickly dropped off to nothingness. On the bright side, Wil and I aren't stressing about keeping the house perfect anymore... but we're still in limbo. I wasn't expecting a miracle with our house, but I was hoping for one. I think I've lost my optimism. I've told myself that if the house doesn't sell by the middle of November, then I'll proceed with the nursery. Who buys a house in the winter anyway? 
 
Car News:
Wil drives an Explorer and I drive a '95 Jimmy. As soon as we found out I was pregnant, we started worrying about our car situation. My Jimmy only has 2 doors, and it'll be nearly impossible to pull a car seat in and out of it daily. However, it has really low mileage. It acts up from time to time and doesn't get great gas mileage. The blinker went out (again) on my Jimmy today during my lunch break. Assuming I can get it fixed before I get a ticket for failing to use my turn signal, it should be a cheap fix.  Wil's truck has had ongoing problems, typically more expensive problems than my Jimmy. We know that we must have a reliable vehicle when Baby Shep gets here. Even before we found out I was pregnant, we couldn't decide which vehicle to replace first.  I need something that is baby-friendly and fuel efficient. Wil needs something that can accommodate Baby Shep, can pull a boat, and has 4wheel drive.  Car shopping is in the very near future for us.  Oh the joys of growing up...

No comments:

Post a Comment