Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Shopping Fun!

Wil and I made a flying trip to Evansville Monday night. We stopped by to give Macie her birthday presents and visited briefly with her, Gavin, Brian, and Abbie. 

We (meaning mostly me, but Wil played along) were SOOO excited to finally look at the baby bedding we had picked out on-line. The Baby Depot didn't have any in stock!!! I was so disappointed, but they did have a few of the pieces for me to see (valance, wall art, mobile). While I was pouting that they were out of stock, I decided I hated the mobile, and the wall art and valance looked cheap. Bummer.  Meanwhile, Wil found this other bedding right behind me. It's Eddie Bauer Enchanted Hollow and the quality is so much nicer. I love the bold colors and all the little animals.  I'll save you all the dramatic details of our lousy customer service experience. Long story short, they were out of the bedding but we were able to special order it. They had the mobile, wall decals, valances, and lamp in stock for us to purchase that night.  Thanks to my mom's friend Teri, we found two 15% off coupons in baby magazines by the registry table! WOO HOO!!! We used one on the special order for our bedding set and the other on the matching lamp. I absolutely LOVE all this nursery stuff!  Wil joked that he's going to have to hold me down to keep me from immediately buying nursery furniture and painting the walls.



 
We also ran by the mall for some maternity clothes shopping at Old Navy and Motherhood. I spent too much money but am so relieved to finally have clothes to wear! I love the Motherhood strap on belly that adds 3 months to your size. This allowed me to try on tops and find some that should be long enough to cover my growing belly.  Total purchases: 5 tanks, 1 pair of capri workout pants, 2 camisoles, 4 short sleeve tops, 2 long sleeve knit tops, 2 3/4 length sleeve tops, 1 cardigan sweater, and 2 other sweaters. 

Thanks so much Wil for surviving this shopping trip!!! 

2 comments:

  1. I love this bedding it's so cute!! I'm happy I was able to help you save some money with the coupon tips. Hope picking a name will be as easy as the bedding!!!
    Teri

    ReplyDelete