Monday, October 11, 2010

Friday's Ultrasound

Wil and I had soooo much fun going to our ultrasound on Friday. We were both so nervous and excited at the same time. We've been so back and forth on the sex of our baby. Luckily, we didn't have to wait long at all in the waiting room.

Every time I go to the doctor, they make me pee in a cup. It seems like I always have to go crazy bad an hour before my appointment, and then I have a hard time going for the sample they need. I swear I go to the bathroom constantly, so it's always frustrating that I can't go when I get in there. Well, I decided I'd beat the system on Friday. I really needed to go like 30 minutes before my appointment, but I knew I should just hold it to be safe (yes, I know my urologist would tell me not to hold it). I was surprised that they took us straight in for the ultrasound instead of making me use the bathroom first. The ultrasound tech's first comment was, "Wow! You have a full bladder." lol I told her my rational for holding it, and she said they would need a sample after she finished with me. She keep apologizing for having to push so much.

The ultrasound lady was sooo nice. I really do need to learn her name. She told us that she'd be taking lots of pictures for Dr. Smith and getting measurements... She'd take some of the "no fun" pictures (kidneys, bladder, chambers of the heart, etc) and then we'd go looking for the sex of our baby. So... off she goes. We watched our baby flip around, make sucking/talking motions, wave, and move constantly. All of a sudden, she snapped a photo and laughed. She wasn't even trying to see if we were having a boy or a girl, but "Baby Shep" gave us a wide open view of his manhood! I turned to Wil, and he was beaming! It felt so good to finally know that our baby is a boy!  I really appreciated all the time we got to spend in the ultrasound room, and I didn't even think about my full bladder.  After we were finished, she gave us several photos to take home. I tried scanning one to post on here, but it just looked mostly black. Any pointers would be appreciated.

We were so happy and ready to tell everyone about our baby boy. I couldn't think of a single thing to ask Dr. Smith.  My next appointment with her is on Oct 26th.  Dr. Smith said all the pictures looked great, but they weren't able to get a clear picture of the face or spine. Therefore, we'll be having another ultrasound done on the 26th (bummer, NOT!).  I didn't think to ask the length of Baby Shep, but they did say that he weighs about 8 oz.  I'm excited to see him again in 2 weeks. He's so active inside of me. It's weird that I only occasionally feel flutters and have only felt a strong kick like 2 or 3 times. I'm so ready to feel him move more, but I've also heard he'll soon be kicking and waking me up in the middle of the night... maybe I shouldn't rush things. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment