Friday, December 21, 2012

Ear Infection


We enjoyed a very lazy weekend at home. Wil started antibiotics last Friday night for a sinus infection, and he was pretty run down.  Parker seemed clingy at times, but we didn’t mind (especially in light of the Connecticut shooting).  We decided to head to bed early Sunday night. Parker woke up screaming at 10:20. I knew something was wrong, because he never wakes up after less than 2 hours of sleep. Wil got up with us, and we couldn’t get Parker to stop crying. He was arching his back, and you could see pain in his face. It was heartbreaking. We couldn’t decide if his belly hurt or his mouth or his ears.  He’d only stop crying for maybe a minute and then it’d start all over again. I finally got Parker back asleep around midnight. I crawled in bed and was awaken by the death curdling scream less than 15 minutes later. Rats.  We re-dosed Parker with ibuprofen a little after 1, and he finally settled into sleep after 2 am. Wil and I were beat.  At least we’d get about 4 hours of sleep.  Wrong - Parker woke up crying again at 5. Wil felt worse, so he and Parker both stayed home sick.

Wil took Parker to the doctor (Mon, Dec 17th). They started him on antibiotics and ear drops for an ear infection in his left ear. I get so frustrated over ear infections – with tubes, his ears are supposed to drain. Out of 4 ear infections post tubes, Parker’s ears have only drained once (and that was 2 days after starting antibiotics and drops). I don’t get it.   Wil and Parker took a 2 hour nap after the doctor appointment and snuggled most of the day. I was tired and jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment