Brian and Abbie shared with us the 3 day potty training method, and of course I got lots of tips from Grammie since she's potty trained dozens and dozens of kids. The 3 day method starts out by putting Parker in underwear first thing Saturday morning and then letting him throw away all his diapers. Parker loved throwing them away! He just giggled and giggled. We continually reminded him that he was a big boy and to keep his underwear dry. We started the morning off with 5 accidents in a row all before 10 am. The first two times he asked for his diaper. The next three accidents all happened in the bathroom. We just couldn't get to the potty in time. After that, he had a perfect rest of the day. The only problem was he didn't nap Saturday or Sunday. Parker got prizes or treats for using the potty, and he really caught on quickly!
| too cute! |
He ran around in a shirt and underwear all weekend (with Daddy's shoes too). Wil put together my new desk and finally got his gun cabinet moved into our bedroom.
Parker got a new Woody figurine for doing some major business in the potty. Unfortunately, this part has been more difficult for him than peeing in the potty. Parker stayed mostly dry on his second day of potty training, and I was so very proud of him. I ran out for an hour to run errands, and Parker had two accidents with Daddy. In his defense, it was his first time wearing pants and he was outside.
That Monday was his first day in his new classroom and his 3rd day in underwear. I was a nervous wreck all day... like worse than when I left him as a newborn. His new teacher had the day off, so it was a lot of change for one week. I hoped his teachers were paying close enough attention to recognize his signs, praising him, and reminding him often enough. He did great with only 2 accidents all day! Way to go Parker!
Unfortunately, his 4th day of potty training was his worst. 4 accidents at school. I was discouraged and frustrated, because he was with his new teacher... and I couldn't help but blame her a little. I know that's not fair at all. I think Parker just got a little independent. He was back on track the next day... and had NO accidents that Friday at school!
We've taken Brian and Abbie's advice. No pull-ups... not even at night. This was hard for me. I didn't like seeing Parker fail. It bothered him to wake up soaked. I told Wil that I'd give it a shot for a week. Well at the end of the first week, Parker was shooting about 50%. I wasn't going back now. He was learning that it's ok to get up at night to potty and that Mommy or Daddy would help him.
Week 2 was better than week 1. Nearly all of his accidents were poop related. I was begging people for poop training tips. I knew he could do, and he will.
No comments:
Post a Comment