Sunday, December 8, 2013

31 Weeks


Wow - 31 weeks. I can't believe how fast this pregnancy is flying by.

Baby Name: Parker still tells people that the baby's name is George. I can assure you that his name will not be George.  We're leaning heavily towards Wesley. It feels right, but we haven't settled on a middle name just yet. We initally wanted to include John in the name, but we aren't convinced that we like "Wesley John."  I want the baby's first name to be Wesley, since that's what we think we'll call him.

Movement: I remember Parker moving around often, and it occassionally being painful. For the most part, it was sweet and cute. It's different this time.This baby moves constantly and forcefully. It'll literally stop me in my tracks and take my breath away.

Symptoms: Heartburn is at the top of the list. Dr. Smith recommended zantac twice a day, and it really helps. My sciatica has improved a ton, but it still jumps up and gets me a few times a week. I have a ton of aches and pains in my lower back and hips -- a lot more than I remember with Parker. I've also started having braxton hicks contractions, which I hear is very common for this point in a second pregnancy.

Size: I feel way bigger than I was at 31 weeks with Parker, although you can't tell that much of a difference in the photos. My weight is up a couple of pounds too, and I know that's common with a subsequent pregnancy. I'm curious to know this baby's size, but I don't think I'll have any more ultrasounds unless something changes.

Dr Appts: I had my 30 week appointment last Monday (Dec 2nd), and the baby's heartrate was in the 140s. I go back again on Dec 16th for my 32 week appointment. I'll continue with every 2 week appointments until week 36. At that point, I'll start seeing my doctor for weekly checks.

Parker:  I think Parker is as prepared as he can be for his whole world changing. He knows that a baby is coming, and he'll ask if things are his or the baby's. We had to buy a new carseat, because we learned that ours had expired. Did you know carseats expire? They do. Parker was fine with it. We're planning special events for Mommy & Parker and Daddy & Parker for once the baby comes. I hope it helps make the adjustment easier on him.


No comments:

Post a Comment