Dec 9 ~ Parker developed a fever after daycare. I took him to Mimi's the next morning until he could be seen by the allergist that afternoon. Strep throat and wheezing. Started steroids and 10 days of antibiotics. Mimi saved the work week by watching Parker each day the rest of the week. THANK YOU!!!
Dec 18 ~ Wil was having major sinus problems. He ran to Convenient Care after work. Started 10 days of antibiotics for a sinus infection. (Happy Birthday to me)
Dec 20 ~ I started not feeling well after work and ended up coughing all night long. By the next morning (Dec 21), my chest hurt so badly. I ran to Convenient Care and was diagnosed with bronchitis. Started 10 days of antibiotics and codeine. I developed a fever in the middle of the night and didn't leave the bed for a day and a half. Wil and Parker headed to Mimi & Dan-dad's for Christmas with his whole family (Dec 22). I cried... a lot. I haven't been that sick in years.
Dec 24 ~ Parker slept until 7:00, which is pretty unusual. We let him open one Christmas present, so we could pack to spend the day in Madisonville. By 8:00, Parker had a fever and all of our plans were ruined. We got him an appointment with the pediatrician, and she ruled out all the obvious things. She finally decided that it might just be a viral fever, but she wanted to test him for the flu just to rule it out. At this point, Parker was happy and playing as usual. He just had a random fever. We were all shocked when the flu test came back positive. It didn't really slam him until later that night. We wondered if I actually had the flu too. (We missed Christmas in Madisonville)
Dec 25 ~ Wil woke up about 5am shivering and burning up with fever. The flu had claimed its next victim. Wil's fever was out of control. It kept spiking up to 104.2 and didn't actually go away for over 3 days. Wil only got out of bed long enough to eat. By Christmas night, Wil stayed up for an extra minute so Parker could open his stocking and one more present. (We missed Christmas in Sturgis with my family)
Dec 26 ~ Wil and Parker both had previously scheduled allergist appointments. I called that morning, and she wanted to go ahead and see them. She assured us that their chests were clear. Parker finally got to open the rest of his Christmas presents after the allergist appointments before Wil climbed back in bed for the rest of the day.
Dec 29 ~ Wil was feeling worse. Headed back to Convenient Care after coughing all night long. Bronchitis. Prescribed more antibiotics and codeine.
We are all still coughing. Parker's nose is still running, and we're exhausted. We're so tired of being couped up in this house. Wil worked a half day on Monday and was out the rest of the week. I went in to work on Friday and brought some work home with me this weekend. We're skeptical about work this week, and praying we don't end up with the stomach bug that we hear is also going around. When things calm down, we'll celebrate the rest of our Christmases.
DIY Sliding Closet Door
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment