Sunday, December 8, 2013

Hunting

Wil LOVES hunting, but there just isn't enough time. We make sure he gets at least one week straight out at the farm the beginning of each November. He and Brad stay the night out at the cabins and have so much fun. I get a taste of being a single mom for about 10 days, and it's something that I'm sooo thankful isn't the case normally. Wil and I both worried about how Parker would react to Daddy being gone so much. Parker & I headed out to the farm one night to cook the guys dinner, and Wil came home one afternoon to do laundry and get a little special time with Parker. Unfortuntately, Wil didn't get a deer... but Brad got a beast!


Brad's buck: 188 3/8'' gross score
 We talked to Wil every night on the phone, and we sent Daddy pictures of things when Parker wanted. Parker wore his camo pants and orange jacket to school one morning. We sent Daddy this picture with a "Good luck getting a deer Daddy" text message.


I also tried to plan little activities at night to keep Parker busy until bedtime. I loved watching Parker concentrate on each brushstroke.


No comments:

Post a Comment