Friday, November 12, 2010

23 Weeks

I hit the 23 Week mark Wednesday!

How Far Along: 23 Weeks, 2 days

Weight Gain: 7 lbs

How I'm Feeling:  I've been feeling really good lately. I hope I can keep my energy up over the next couple of months. Things are about to get pretty stressful at work as we prepare for our annual audit (the first week of December). I know I'm going to be exhausted by the time Christmas rolls around.

Movement: Baby Shep is getting so much stronger. According to the weekly updates, he's about 11.5 inches and weighs right about a pound. His kicks are becoming even more frequent. Wil and I LOVE our evening belly time. It's so much fun feeling Baby Shep kicking inside of me and watching my belly move as he kicks.

Cravings: Still none... although, I'm really looking forward to Thanksgiving food! 

Belly Button: AHHHHHH!!!! I'm getting nervous about my belly button. When I came in from cheer practice the other night (I help coach, not actually cheer), I leaned back for something and realized that the top of my belly button kind of bulged! I ran to show Wil, and we both screamed and laughed hysterically. The top of my belly button is pretty flat and the bottom is getting that way. I know that my belly button will probably pop out as the weeks add up, but I wasn't expecting it to be flat so soon.

Maternity Clothes: I think I have a new obsession with maternity clothes. I was so concerned in the beginning about finding clothes that fit my long torso. So far, so good! I seriously think I need to cut myself off from shopping. Really, the only things I should need are a pair of black pants for the holidays and maybe a festive top/sweater for Christmas parties. Other than that, I'm done maternity clothes shopping. It wasn't easy or cheap, but I knew it was important for me to find maternity clothes that fit my style. I know I'm going to feel huge throughout this pregnancy and am so thankful that I can feel confident in my new clothes.

Nursery: We got the call last Sunday that our bedding came in! WOO HOO!!! I just need to get to Evansville to pick it up. We talked it over with our realtor and decided to just go ahead with decorating the nursery. I'm hoping to pick out some colors samples this afternoon and to decide a color this weekend. I think I'll feel a lot more relaxed during the holidays if we can get the room painted and purchase some furniture.

The Bump: Wil took this picture Tuesday night. Everyone comments on my rapidly expanding belly. I'm not sure how much of a difference you can see in the pictures, but trust me! I'm growing quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment