How far along: 25 Weeks
Total weight gain: 9 lbs. Next week's weigh in should be interesting since it follows Thanksgiving :)
How I'm feeling: Relieved! I'm soooo thankful that we've sold our house and found a new home. This house is perfect for us (minus the blue tile in the kitchen haha). I'm super excited for Thanksgiving lunch in Sturgis and dinner in Owensboro. I can't start a "What We're Thankful For" list this year, because pregnancy hormones are intense and I don't really feel like crying. I'll just leave it with this... We really are extra thankful this Thanksgiving.
Baby Shep: According to my favorite e-newsletter, Baby Shep weighs about 1.5 lbs and is about 13.5 inches long.
Doctor's Appointment: I had my glucose test Monday morning. The orange sugary drink wasn't too awful. I decided it was easiest to chug it and be finished. I regretted it later though, because I belched it all afternoon. Baby Shep's heartbeat was in the 150s again, and my belly is measuring right on track for 25 weeks. They called today and said my glucose levels look good. Bring on those Thanksgiving treats!
Symptoms: I can't complain too much about my pregnancy symptoms. I really do think I'm lucky compared to many of the horror stories I've heard. I usually try not to mention the not-so-fun sides of pregnancy on my blog. However, I'll make an exception today.
(1) I swear I've burped more in the last 25 weeks than I have my entire (nearly 25 years) life.
(2) It's annoying getting up to pee twice in the middle of the night. Although, my pregnancy boppy pillow does help me sleep better than I was.
(3) Tail-bone and lower back pain... why doesn't anyone warn you?
(4) AHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I think I found a stretch mark! I haven't exactly decided if it's a vein or a stretch mark, but it's on the underneath side of my boob! Lovely. (Disclaimer: I really do think it's a stretch mark... but I'm not quite ready to accept that fact)
(5) When I bend over too much (like grabbing/folding laundry out of a basket or loading the dishwasher), it makes me queasy.
Movement: Baby Shep's kicks just keep getting stronger! I can definitely tell when he's smashing against the front of my belly or slammed against my back.
Nursery: Wil and I picked up the crib and dresser last Friday night. We also signed up with the Babies R Us rewards system and should receive a $50 gift certificate after Christmas! WOO HOO!!! We haven't decided on a color for the nursery. The new house is currently painted tan. I don't want Baby Shep's nursery to look too boring, so we'll probably paint it a different color (assuming time allows).
Bump: I realized that I'm wearing black or brown in most of my belly shots. So, here are a couple in a nice bright blue :)


No comments:
Post a Comment