Friday, November 19, 2010

24 Weeks

How far along: 24 Weeks, 2 Days

Total weight gain: 9 lbs.

Last week's fun: Wil took off work Wednesday last week through Wednesday this week to spend some good o' time hunting at the farm. I only pouted a little, but I knew he was having so much fun out there. My sister came last Thursday night for a little girl time, and we had a blast shopping. Then, Amanda (aka roomie) and her boyfriend (Dan) came in from Chicago on Friday night through Sunday afternoon. My time with roomie always goes by WAY too fast. 

Nursery: Wil and I made a flying trip to Evansville last Friday night before Amanda and Dan got to town. I had received a call from Baby Depot saying our baby bedding had came in! :) Wil and I took advantage of our trip to Evansville and looked at cribs. It turned out that Babies R Us had all of their nursery furniture on sale 20% off. We looked at 3 different stores but ended up going back to Babies R Us to order this set. Long story short, they could get the crib but not the dresser. I was sooo disappointed! This nice guy at the store wrote down our information in a "requested items" book and assured me that someone would check the book everyday to see if the items became available. I thought, "Yeah right!" Much to my surprise, they called Monday night and said they had received a crib and dresser! I got a $30 discount plus an additional 20% off! SUCCESS! Wil and I plan on going to pick it up tonight. All other progress on the nursery is on hold pending potential housing news...
                        

Baby Shep: He's been moving like crazy! Do I sound like a broken record?  I just can't get over how neat it is feeling him inside of me. One of my pregnancy e-newsletters said he'll gain about half a pound this week!

Doctor's appointment: I go Monday morning for my next doctor's appointment. I'm a little nervous about the glucose screening. I battled low blood sugar problems from middle school through early college. Although I haven't really had any problems with my blood sugar levels the last few years, I'm still anxious about the testing. I'll keep you posted.

The Bump: It's still growing...

1 comment:

  1. Aww Beth your baby bump is so cute! I wanted to tell you and your husband CONGRATULATIONS on the new upcoming addition to your family!

    ReplyDelete