Monday, November 22, 2010

Housing News

After 2 different showings Saturday afternoon, I started getting my hopes up again about selling our house.  I had tax continuing education courses all day Monday and Tuesday. It was dreadful, but they did give us several breaks.  I checked my phone on one of the breaks Tuesday afternoon and realized I had a missed call, text message, and voicemail from Bettie (our realtor).  I rushed and called her back.

Someone had been in the driveway and wanted to see our house right then. Bettie made the executive decision to let them go on in, even though she usually likes to get our permission first. I told her I wouldn't have said no, but I would have prefaced it with an, "OMG. I'm so sorry. The bed isn't made; there are dishes in the sink; please excuse the dirty laundry; blah blah blah."   She told me not to worry because I could redeem myself.  Huh?

Turns out, the same guy wanted to see the house again on Wednesday.  Bettie called back Wednesday afternoon with a couple of questions and said the guy had also requested copies of our utility bills. We knew his realtor would be out of town Thursday, but they said we should expect an offer on Friday assuming our utility bills weren't outrageous.  Wil and I tried hard to keep our hopes down, but SERIOUSLY?!?!?!!!! I was so anxious all day Wednesday, but then we had to wait until Friday for a "potential" offer.  Deep breaths, deep breaths.  We got an offer Friday afternoon, but it was definitely well below any kind of offer we were wanting. We were able to do a little negotiating and settled on an offer Saturday morning. Our house is now SOLD (pending paperwork, inspections, formal closing, and all that jazz)!

Keep in mind:
(1) We just started really looking at houses this weekend.
(2) I'm 24.5 weeks pregnant.
(3) We close on our current house on Dec 20th and have to move out prior to that date.
(4) Hello?! Christmas is 5 days later.

Dramas of house hunting to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment