Monday, March 28, 2011

Fun with Natalie

Natalie Rosemier flew in from northern Ohio to meet Parker and help out for a few days. I was terrible and didn't take many pictures. I'd done so well charting Parker's every move, but I guess it's time to slow down a bit on the play-by-plays.  I may be able to snag a few photos of our time together off Facebook.  

Natalie came in Thursday night and left this morning (Monday). Parker loved her! He showered her with a warm welcoming gift (by peeing on her within the first few hours of her being here). It was so nice having an extra person here to change diapers and help with Parker. Natalie gave me several parenting and pumping tips.  We went grocery shopping and did a little shopping for Parker as well.  Natalie even watched Parker one night, so Wil and I could go on a dinner date. We needed the time out alone and knew Parker was happy staying with Natalie. 

Out and about with Mommy and Natalie
 Most memorable moment of the weekend:  Natalie and I watched Kitchen Boss one afternoon, and Buddy was making funnel cakes. We decided it looked easy enough, so Wil picked up a few ingredients for us. Wil was about to head to the farm, and Natalie and I started heating up the oil for the funnel cakes.  We thought it should boil (or at least bubble). Wil came in as I was commenting that it was "steaming." Wil shouts that it's not stream but "smoke!"  He grabbed up the pan and paced back and forth through the kitchen with it. Natalie finally got the door open for him to take it outside, and we realized that we'd burnt the oil.


smoking oil
Wil told us not to mess with it again, he'd buy more oil, and he'd make us funnel cakes that night instead. I was feeding Parker, while Wil worked on the funnel cakes that night. He's attempt at funnel cakes was definitely more successful than ours, but it still wasn't as pretty as Buddy's on TV.
crumbs...


Wil's funnel cake

Natalie's funnel cake

Other pictures from the weekend...



Our best attempt at a group photo...
Parker's thinking, "What are you doing up there?"

Thanks so much for a wonderful visit Natalie! We really enjoyed our time with you and miss you already! Come back soon & bring your kids!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment