Sunday, May 15, 2011

Flooding

I'm hoping to turn my blog into memory books at some point, so I think it's important I address the recent flooding we've had. I knew the water levels were rising, but I was clueless as to just how high they actually were. Although we had to go the long way to get to Sturgis for last weekend's celebrations, I'm really glad we got to go. They closed most of the flood walls in Sturgis.  I can't even begin to count the number of times we climbed on or went sledding on those flood walls when I was younger. I never dreamed I would see them closed.  Grammie & Pops watched Parker, so Wil and I could see the flooding up close.





Flood wall on Old Providence Rd
The other side of the wall

Flood wall between Sturgis and the airport.
Wil and I decided to climb to the top to see the water on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment