Sunday, May 15, 2011

Happy New Mother's Day to Me

"I made this flower for you to keep,
It's a toe-lip from my feet.
One day when I'm on my own,
It will remind you of how much I've grown."

Parker made this for me at daycare last Friday. It caught me by surprise when they handed it to me, but it sure made me smile! Daddy and Parker bought me a new dishwasher and 3 double knock out rose bushes.  It's still hard to believe that I'm a new mom. We're so blessed to have such a happy baby. I knew I'd love my baby boy more than anything, but I never understood just how fast it'd all happen.

When I pick him up from daycare and he smiles at me, I know I love him.

When he fills his diaper and his face lights up as I put him on the changing table, I know I love him.

When he goes from happy baby to acting like he's going to die if he isn't fed immediately, I feed him and know I love him. 

When he lets out this pathetic little cry because he's tired and wants snuggle time, I hold him close and know I love him.

When he reaches up with his tiny fingers, grabs my finger, and falls asleep in my arms, I know he loves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment