Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Last Day at Home

We knew Sunday was a big day... our last day at home before I had to go back to work and Parker had to start daycare. We planned on having a relaxing day at home. We were wrong.  I'll let the pictures give you a hint, then I'll explain...




I decided to go ahead and sterilize Parker's new bottles Sunday morning, so I could put pumped milk in them later. Wil popped a bagel in the toaster for me, while I was finishing up the dishes and getting the boiling water started. I put 1 bottle, 3 nipples, and 3 lids in the pot (the other 2 bottles wouldn't fit). Then, I headed to the living room to eat my bagel. Next thing I knew... after watching part of a movie, taking a nap, and waking up for the end of the movie... I got up to get cleaned up for the day. Smoke! Holy Cow!! It'd been nearly 2 hours since I started sterilizing the bottles. Good job genius.  Wil rushed the pan outside and grabbed Parker to get him out of the house. Meanwhile, I opened some of the windows and started the fans. I still can't believe that I totally forgot about starting the bottles. Seriously? Seriously. I kept saying, "Gees. I've lost brain cells.... I have no brain.... Seriously? Seriously."  As we hung out in the garage (trying to let the house vent), Wil tried to comfort me by saying, "It's okay honey. It's not like you've exactly been using your brain to its full capacity lately."  Thanks honey. Seriously? Seriously.  Good thing I understand his sense of humor. Most women would have knocked him backwards.  Parker decided always decided to have a major poo explosion, and we couldn't take him back inside to change him. The back of Wil's truck was our best option. Thanks Parker for topping off the moment.

After making a flying trip to Evansville to get more bottles, we went to Wil's parents' house for dinner. It was a nice relaxing way to spend our evening after such a long day.





No comments:

Post a Comment