Parker feel asleep on the way home from daycare. Since he was sleeping, I just let him nap in his car seat in the living room while I packed. Wil loaded some of the stuff in the car before Parker started waking up. He kept moaning, and we just assumed he was about to go to the bathroom. Wrong. Wil picked him up to change his diaper and realized he had a fever. He didn't have a fever when I picked him up from daycare, so I was shocked that he was so hot so quickly. Parker felt so bad, and we were heart broken for him. We loaded up the car and headed to Convenient Care. They looked him over and said it was probably just viral. I had texted Megan from daycare, and she said he was a little fussy during the day. She had also sent home another little boy with a fever earlier in the day. Lovely. No weekend getaway for this family. Instead, we stayed home and rested.
When we called to break the news to Mimi and Dan-dad, they kind of just laughed. Wil's mom missed soooo many trips when Wil was growing up because he was sick. She missed trips to Germany, Acapulco, Lake Tahoe, and 2 trips to New York. This must be pay back. I'm sure this is just the first of many cancelled trips to come.
Parker is still working on rolling over. He gets SOOOO close, but he just can't seem to move that left arm out of the way.
| (after a little help from Mommy) |
No comments:
Post a Comment