Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Sick Boy

Parker started running a fever last Wednesday night. Wil took him to the doctor the following morning. There is only 1 doctor in Parker's pediatrician's office that I can not stand, and that's who saw Parker that day. He said Parker just had a cold, but he did have some wheezing. He advised us to continue the breathing treatments. I was home with Parker Thursday afternoon and all day Friday. He was miserable, and I knew it was more than just a cold. His fever got up to 103.0 several times. I called on Friday and talked to a nurse. She advised we wait one more day.  On Saturday, I took Parker in to see Dr. Ray. Sure enough, he had another ear infection in his right ear and broncholitis again. She prescribed an antibiotic and a steroid and told us to continue the breathing treatments every 4 hours. 

Although we were happy that Parker was diagnosed correctly, his sickness totally ruined out Easter weekend. Parker isn't allowed to be around other children until she clears him on Thursday! This meant no Easter celebrations and no daycare most of the week! Mimi & Dan-dad were nice enough to bring us Easter dinner Sunday night.  Wil stayed home with Parker on Monday, and Aunt Katie came to watch him on Tuesday.

Parker has been so out of sorts. He goes from happy to angry to crying, and he wants to be held constantly. We would have a few minutes of normalcy, but then he'd want to be held again.



THANKS AUNT KATIE!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment