Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Hand, Foot, & Mouth

So, Parker missed daycare for a solid 2 weeks when he had ear infections and broncholitis. We finally sent him back on Thursday and Friday (April 19-20).  We knew that the nursery had a round of RSV, but we thought the air had had plenty of time to clear.  We found out on Thursday evening that the next class up had hand, foot, and mouth disease. Lovely, right?

Parker stayed well that whole weekend. Actually, it's probably the "wellest" he's been in over a month. When I dropped him off to daycare on Monday morning (April 23rd), I bragged to his teacher that we had such a good weekend. Parker was finally well, like really well... and I begged her to help me keep him that way.  By 9:30, I had a text from his teacher saying Parker had 101 temperature. Honestly, I cried. I was furious. He was finally well.  I didn't know if his ears were infected again or if this was the start of something else. I called both his pediatrician and his ENT.   Both his ears still had fluid on them, but they weren't infected. At that point, it was more of a "wait and see" game.

His fever got up to 102.8 and stayed up through Tuesday and part of Wednesday.  Then, Mimi called on Wednesday afternoon to say that spots were popping up on his legs. Lovely... Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease. Of course, Parker couldn't have a mild case of it. He continued getting new spots through Thursday evening.  We were so thankful to have Mimi! She was able to keep our whiny, miserable, clingy baby boy for part of Monday and all day on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday! She was having surgery on Friday, so Aunt Katie came to the rescue! Aunt Katie actually got the better end of the deal, because Parker was in a good mood on Friday. Parker's spots rapidly disappeared on Saturday, and they were all gone by Sunday!

Wil and I couldn't have survived the week without Mimi & Aunt Katie! We both had very demanding weeks and just couldn't miss work.  I'm honestly not sure what we would have done without them. THANKS MIMI & AUNT KATIE!!!


Tuesday
Parker was so unhappy. We couldn't do anything. This carrier helped for a while.


Wednesday
Parker's first sucker!
CVS sales suckers that help numb sore throats. Parker was miserable from the sores in his throat. Don't let these pictures fool you. The sucker only helped for about 10 minutes.


Thursday
Aunt Katie brought us flowers and cleaned our house!

Friday
Thanks for giving me a bath Aunt Katie!

No comments:

Post a Comment