How far along: 38 Weeks
Total weight gain: 25.5 lbs
How I'm feeling this week: When will Parker come?! I know my due date is still 2 weeks out, but we're ready. Wil's practically gitty. We're so anxious to see who Parker looks like. Will he be big or small? Tall or short? Will he have dark hair or red? A tan complexion like his daddy or pale like his mommy? Freckles?
Pregnancy symptoms: Random contractions, lots of pressure, achy joints, and frequent bathroom breaks. Wil had to put my socks and shoes on me this morning. I just couldn't bend over quite far enough to do it myself. I know that everyone says I'll miss being pregnant... but it's hard to believe at this point. Those once sweet movements are no longer so sweet. I sometimes feel like Parker is trying to break my ribs. No exaggeration. Regardless, I know I've been blessed with a pretty smooth pregnancy. I really shouldn't complain. I'll miss having Parker with me all the time and keeping him all to myself... but I'm excited to share him with Wil. We'll make a pretty good parenting team.
Maternity clothes: What do you do when 1 of your only 2 pair of maternity jeans is now too tight on your belly? I was able to push the belly band part down below my belly for a few weeks, but now they're just too tight. Confession... I pulled the jeans out of the dryer and commented that since the baby has dropped they "may" be getting too tight. Wil's response, "Don't be squashing my baby!" lol I told him I'm sure they would be fine... The reality: By 10:30 that day at work, I was nauseous from my pants being too tight. I could stand comfortably in them just fine, but sitting was another story. Wil won. I drove home on my lunch break and changed into my black dress pants. Since several of my maternity tops are officially too short, I seem to be dressing in one extreme or another.... black pants and a nice top OR jeans and shirt OR lounge pants with my belly peeking out the bottom of my shirt. You never know what you're gonna get.
Pregnancy perks: I met Wil at Great Harvest for lunch the other day, and it was packed! As we waited for our food, I noticed two women were finishing up. I waddled over to their table just as they were grabbing their purses to leave. I told them that was great timing and thanked them for their table. They told me to thank the couple behind me (who happened to be sitting at the short, children's table). The women offered the adult table to the couple behind them first, but they had spotted me and said I needed it more. Oh the perks of pregnancy... Wil and I met Nikki and Rodney at Olive Garden this past weekend. The wait was long, and it was so crowded. We stood for a while and then a man offered me his seat. I hated (wink, wink) to rely on pregnancy sympathy, but I was so thankful to get to sit down!
Bump:
A message from

No comments:
Post a Comment