Saturday morning I cleaned the house, while Wil headed off to work for a few hours. The house wasn't too messy, but it definitely needed a good scrub down. When I ran the dishwasher, it leaked onto the kitchen floor. Lovely, huh? Wil's thinking he may be able to just replace the seal... I'm really hoping he can look at it this weekend, because I can't survive with a new baby and no dishwasher. I started feeling overwhelmed Friday night. I realized that Baby Shep had lots of newborn onesies, but he had no bottoms to go with them. When trying to pack a hospital bag, I also noticed that he only had 1 newborn size sleeper. I didn't sleep well that night, because I was stressing about finishing up the nursery and organizing all of Parker's new things. By Saturday morning, I knew I needed my momma! I know I'm 25 years old... but sometimes we just need our moms! Luckily, my mom and dad were able to come visit for the weekend. Mom and I did a little more shopping Saturday afternoon (we're so thankful for gift cards!) and sorted all of Parker's clothes into baskets by size. We finished up the baby laundry, and I felt WAY better!
Brian, Abbie, Macie, & Gavin stopped by for a visit Saturday afternoon. They hadn't seen our new house yet, and they also wanted to drop off some winter wear for Baby Parker. It was definitely a nice break and I loved getting to see the kids! It's hard to believe that Parker will be here next time I see them. Teri stopped by later Saturday evening to drop off a baby gift as well. Talk about CUTE!!! (I tried posting pictures but we can't figure out how to get them off our new camera... we'll try again later)
Have I reminded you lately just how much I love my husband? He scored some major brownie points this weekend. While Mom and I were in baby land, Wil finished unpacking and completely reorganized our walk-in closet! It looks great! He also fixed our kitchen bar stools, installed a programmable thermostat, worked a lot on organizing the garage, put out fertilizer/lime/grass seed, and completely cleaned out his truck (this was a HUGE undertaking... Wil practically lives out of his truck). I know he was exhausted by Sunday night... but I'm sooo thankful for all the work he did.
By Sunday afternoon, I was wiped out! Wil had moved on to making a wood work bench for the garage, and I was a complete couch potato! Nikki and Rodney came over for pizza and movie that night. We always love hanging out with them.
No comments:
Post a Comment