Parker woke up in the middle of the night last Friday with a fever. I thought several times during that week that maybe he was getting sick again. I begged him to stay well. Seriously, I begged him. We wanted to make it at least one week without going to the doctor. His fever was stayed right around 100.0, so we really debated about whether or not to go to the doctor. I hated to rush him in, but I hated to wait (since he'd only been off his second round of antibiotics for pneumonia for 5 days). Wil took Parker to the doctor, and I headed to a Thirty-One meeting. Wil and I guessed he just had a viral cold -- we were wrong. Turns out, he got another round of steroids and an antibiotic. His right ear was also infected... so much for tubes being our miracle cure. We took it easy for the weekend, and it was nice to just be home.


Our original plan was to send Parker to Sturgis for an overnight visit with Grammie & Pops and with his three cousins. Since he woke up sick, we canceled that and called Mimi & Dan-dad. We were so thankful to have them here in town. They watched Parker, and we were able to go to Greg & Rachelle's wedding!
No comments:
Post a Comment