By the end of last week, I was really starting to get cabin fever. Although I love being here with Parker, it's strange being home all the time. We've tried not taking Parker out too much, but it's getting warmer and harder to stay home. By the middle of last week, we needed out. Wil had to work, so Parker and I decided it was time to make our first trip to Sturgis. Grammie was only babysitting one kid (Landon), because it was Spring Break for her other two kids. So, Parker and I headed to Sturgis Thursday afternoon for our first overnight visit away from home.
Let me back up... Thursday morning ~ Wil met Parker and I at daycare (Buena Vista). We needed to pick up his enrollment paperwork and meet the nursery staff. I was a bit nervous... what if there was a giant red flag telling us this was the wrong place for Parker? It's kind of late now. Luckily, everything looked great, and we loved the staff. I haven't decided yet what I'm going to do about breastfeeding. I'm planning on pumping while I'm at work, but Parker's daycare is only a few miles down the road. I may try to go nurse him on my lunch break, especially if my milk supply drops when I head back to work. I've heard it does that sometimes. Of the 8 babies in the nursery now, 2 moms come in on their lunch breaks to nurse their babies. They have a special area for nursing moms. It may be too big of an inconvenience, but I like knowing that it's an option.
Anyway... after we left Buena Vista, Parker and I headed to Sturgis. We really enjoyed our time in Sturgis, but we missed Wil. It was great getting to see everyone again, and I got to take a NAP
both days! Parker didn't sleep well, so I was very thankful for my nap on Friday morning. Parker loved spending extra cuddle time with Pops, Grammie, and Aunt Katie. Judy & Jennilee stopped by and brought Parker the
cutest little swim outfit! I know he's too little to actually swim, but he'll sure look adorable the first time we put him on the boat at the farm!
 |
| Playing with Aunt Katie |
 |
| Exhausted from all that playing |
 |
| Snuggle time with Pops |
 |
| Meeting Landon and his mom |
 |
Playing with Sarah & Daylee
I really enjoyed visiting with Sarah. We don't see each other often enough. |
 |
| Snuggling with Grammie |
 |
Parker doesn't really like his bouncer seat, but he loved the one Grammie's
house. We put it inside the Pack n' Play, so he was out of Landon's way. |
 |
It was sooo beautiful outside on Friday.
We went for Parker's first walk. |
 |
| Can't you tell he loved the stroller? |
No comments:
Post a Comment