We decided to head to Sawyer, Michigan for a trip to the beach on Sunday. We knew it was going to rain all day in Chicago, but there was no rain in the forecast on the other side of the lake. It's about an hour and a half drive, but Parker was geared up and ready to go!
| Parker was excited to have both his Mommy and his Daddy riding in the back seat with him! |
| "I've got you now little duck!" |
| "... And I'm not letting go (even if I'm sleeping)." |
| Parker was asleep when we first got to the beach |
| "I'm awake! Get me out please!" |
The beach was beautiful, but it was cool and cloudy. We thought it'd still be okay to stay for a little while.
| skipping rocks |
Amanda and Dan decided to climb the sand dunes. They weren't gone long, but the wind shifted and started blowing off the lake. It got super cold, super fast! Amanda and Dan came running, and we knew we had to leave. At least we got to see the beach... even if Parker slept most of the time we were there. Parker will be bigger next time we go to the beach, and I hope we have better weather!
| "What? We're leaving already? I'm just starting to wake back up." (Notice the pacifier marks on his cheeks?) |
We ended the evening by ordering deep dish Chicago pizza (YUM!!!) and watching a movie. Our time with Roomie and Dan always flies by too fast. We're hoping they can make it back to Kentucky soon. Thanks for letting us visit!
Oh, I almost forgot... this is my favorite part of the drive to Chicago...
No comments:
Post a Comment