Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

We met Rodney, Nikki, Adam, Morgan, and Emery Sunday for lunch. Adam had a list of foods he wanted to eat before heading back overseas. Chinese was next on his list. We really enjoyed getting to see everyone again. Parker and Emery were little angels.










After lunch, we headed to Mimi and Dan-dads house to wish Dan-dad a Happy Father's Day! We got him a gift certificate to Frank Miller's (bait shop).  Parker had so much fun showing off for Mimi and Dan-dad!




We weren't able to see Pops on Father's Day. Parker started sounding sick again on Friday. He'd just finished his first 14 days of antibiotics on Tuesday, so we were frustrated that he was sick again just a few days later. He had an ear infection starting in his right ear, so he's now on a second round of antibiotics. We decided it was best to just stay in town for the weekend. We were able to call Pops and give him his gift over the phone -- a subscription to Netflix.

Parker and I told Daddy that he could pick out his own Father's Day gift. I really intended to make him a card from Parker, but it didn't happen. I'm still trying to adjust to being a new mom and being back at work. It seems like there just isn't enough time in the day.  We really did enjoy spending so much time together on Father's Day.

Sorry that you didn't get a personalized card Daddy. Mommy's still adjusting to parenthood. The card would have said, "Anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a Daddy."  Thanks for being the best Daddy! I have so much fun when we're together, and I'm so thankful to have you all to myself! I love you Daddy!
Love,
   Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment