Wednesday, January 12, 2011

32 Weeks

How far along: 32 weeks
 
Total weight gain: 18 lbs
 
How I'm feeling this week: Excited. Wil doesn't know it yet, but he's putting together the crib this weekend! :)  I can't stand waiting any longer! I'm anxious to get everything organized in the nursery. It'll be nice to just sit in my glider and relax.  This whole pregnancy thing is really starting to feel real ! I know I'm 32 weeks along and feel him kicking all the time, but I feel like everything is gradually coming together now.
 
Name:  Yes, you read that correctly...
Name:  We've finally decided on a name for Baby Shep.  We were a little hesitant on deciding a name for sure, because it's hard. Our little guy will be stuck with blessed with this name forever. We wanted it to be perfect.
Baby Shep = Parker Wilson Shepherd
I know Parker will still be Baby Shep to us for a while, but it's comforting finally knowing his real name.
  
Symptoms: I'm starting to feel hungry all the time! Up until now, I've only had a few "starving" weeks. I'm realizing that I can only make it about 4 hours before I need a little snack. Luckily, Wil and I went grocery shopping last night and picked up some healthy snacks... but don't worry, my craving for sweets is still very present.  I've also started having heartburn/indigestion. It kind of feels like stomach acid coming up (YUCK!) and starts right around 4:00 regardless of what I had for lunch.
 
Parker: Parker is about 17 inches long and weighs about 4 lbs! I go back to the doctor Monday morning for my next appointment. I'm hoping for another uneventful visit with Dr. Smith. I do plan on starting up some labor/delivery conversations. I think it's time that I stop ignoring the inevitable.
 
Bump: 3 photos later... Here's the best one:
 
 
 
Update on life:  Mom and Dad came for a visit this past Sunday. Dad helped carry in boxes out of the garage and watched football, while Mom and I unpacked/organized the house. I think all the major house stuff is finally out of the garage. Poor Wil worked his tail off Sunday. He spent the better part of the day unclogging our dryer vent/hose in the crawlspace of the house. It was soooo gross!!!! It's such a relief to finally have the house organized. Wil and I still need to organize our walk-in closet, but that can wait for another day.  Wil and I made a flying trip to Evansville Monday night to spend our Babies R Us reward dollars. We ended up buying our glider. I felt a little guilty about spending the dollars on myself, but hey... Momma has to be comfortable too.  We also stopped at Target and bought our first round of diapers. What an experience?! We were able to stack Target coupons with Pampers coupons and bought some dirt cheap diapers/wipes! This shopping trip has really motivated me to start couponing.  I'm not sure how I'll find the time to squeeze it in, but I'll manage. It's so worth it!   Our second "Prepared Childbirth" class was scheduled for tonight, but it was cancelled due to the snow. Here's our upcoming class schedule: Prepared Childbirth next Wednesday, Child care/safety next Thursday, and Prepared Childbirth the following Monday & Wednesday. We're also planning on going to a Breastfeeding class, but it isn't until Feb 10th.

No comments:

Post a Comment