Wednesday, January 19, 2011

33 Weeks

How far along: 33 Weeks... about 49 days to go! (I think I just felt my chest tighten)
 
Total weight gain: 20 lbs (oops, looks like I skipped 19)
 
Parker: He's roughly 17.5 inches long and weighs about 4.5 lbs.  His new favorite trick involves trying to break my ribs. I keep telling him to be nice to his momma, but I don't think he quite understands.
 
Symptoms: HOLY HEARTBURN! It sets in around 4:00 every day and returns again at 11:00 at night. It seriously feels like flames coming up my esophagus. I'm also still making numerous trips to the bathroom each night.  On a bright note, my tailbone pain appears to be a thing of the past.
 
Doctor's appointment: I went Monday morning to see Dr. Smith. Parker actually behaved himself, and I got to hear his heartbeat loud and clear (bpm: 160s). It was a nice change from the previous 2 appts where he made it difficult for us to get a good reading. The nurse also measured my belly. I couldn't figure out why she had this smirk on her face, so I said, "what?"  She laughed and said, "You really have no belly button." Thanks lady. I'm aware.  Dr. Smith and I spoke about pediatricians. Wil and I decided to use Dr. Amy Ray. She's a younger lady, who works for Owensboro Pediatrics. We've heard great things about her and look forward to meeting her in Feb.  I should go back for my next appointment with Dr. Smith in 2 weeks, but she'll be out that week. She wasn't comfortable waiting 3 weeks for my next appointment, so I'll be seeing her again next Monday. 
 
Classes: Wil and I had Prepared Childbirth class tonight and Child Care & Safety class tomorrow. If we get the snow they're calling for, I'd almost guarantee they'll cancel tomorrow's class. We'll see.  I'm looking forward to finishing these classes. It just makes me a little nervous when they get rescheduled, because anything could happen at this point.
 
Bump:
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment