How far along: 34 Weeks
Total weight gain: 21 lbs
Doctor's appointment: I went to the doctor Monday morning for an 8:30 appointment. I was kind of surprised that they took me back immediately to check my weight, urine, blood pressure, baby's heartbeat, and measure my belly. Everything checked out great, and the nurse said my belly is measuring perfect. I was glad to hear this, because I'm starting to feel huge. It was then that I found out Dr. Smith had been called in for a c-section. I didn't get to see her until 9:45. You might think that I was a little anxious or frustrated for having to wait so long. Wrong. I was a little concerned about being late for a 9:30 meeting at work, but I called and warned them that I'd be late. How could I possible be annoyed at Dr. Smith for doing an emergency c-section? Trust me... I'd sure appreciate everyone else being patient if Parker and I were the ones needing Dr. Smith's immediate attention. I kind of expected Dr. Smith to rush when I saw her, since I knew she was way behind schedule for the day... but I love my doctor! She treated me as if she had all day. I've been having some pain on the front of my right hip bone. Dr. Smith thinks it's probably just the position of the baby, and she recommended a pregnancy massage (I told you I have a wonderful doctor!). We also talked about written birth plans and decided that I didn't need one. All of Wil and my hopes for delivery are in line with everything Dr. Smith wants for us. I go back to the doctor in 2 weeks, and this is when I'll start getting "checked."
How I'm feeling this week: I feel like time is started to fly by! I can't believe my 2 week appointments are already finished, and I'm about to start my weekly visits. I know that Parker could come any time now (although he really should wait a few more weeks)... but the reality is, it could happen. I'm super excited about my first baby shower, which is Saturday morning in Sturgis. I should be able to relax a bit, knowing that we'll be more prepared for Baby Shep after Saturday.
Classes: Wil and I went Monday night for our 3rd childbirth class. This was probably the most informative class we've been to yet. It focused on "intervention" and covered lots of topics like induction, pain meds, epidurals, c-sections, etc. I was a little nervous about hearing all the details, but I'm so thankful that we did. Although I'm still dreading the actual labor/delivery process, I feel more prepared and think I should be able to survive the process. Our last prepared childbirth class was scheduled for tonight. However, they had to cancel it due to snow. They've rescheduled it for next Monday.
Bump: Okay... So here's the normal weekly photo.
![]() |
| 34 Weeks |
So, I decided to be a little bold. Here are a couple of belly shots. Notice my very flat belly button.
Wil is usually behind the camera, so I snapped this photo of him tonight. He's been wearing his coveralls lately instead of a coat.





No comments:
Post a Comment