Total weight gain: 17 lbs
Doctor's appt: Monday morning was another uneventful doctor's appointment. I really can't complain... I think uneventful appointments are a blessing. I pee in a cup, get weighed, have my blood pressure taken, listen to Baby Shep's heartbeat, and have my belly measured. Then, I get to visit briefly with Dr. Smith. She said the appointments will stay 2 weeks apart until I reach 36 weeks. At that point, I'll start getting "checked" and visiting her office once a week. Baby Shep had fun with the nurse again. As soon as she touched the wand to my belly to check his heart rate, he took off! She laughed and said, "I can catch you!" Funny thing... she never caught him.
Prepared Childbirth Class: Well, tonight was our first class. I must admit... I was actually dreading it. Do I sound like a terrible mom? 6:30 to 9:00 is late for a 31 week pregnant lady, especially after working a 10 hour day. Our first class was not only informative, but it was also just funny enough to keep us from falling asleep. Wil added some of his own commentary, which made practicing the breathing exercises nearly impossible. He promised we'll practice them on our own (we'll see about that...). Overall, I think we'll be glad we attended the class. Let's just hope I can stay awake at work tomorrow.
How I'm feeling this week: Huge and we still a have a long way to go. Baby Shep is about 16 inches long and 3.5 lbs. He should continue growing about half a pound a week. I getting a little nervous about this whole labor and delivery process. Like I said last week, I've done a really good job avoiding these conversations. Unfortunately (or fortunately), these childbirth classes are going to slap be into reality. I'm hoping to not have too many panic attacks or major breakdowns along the way.
Cravings: Sweets!
Intense cravings: Sweets!
Sleep: I'm still getting up at least once a night to use the bathroom. Rolling over and finding a comfortable position is getting more and more difficult. I've really started feeling the weight of my growing stomach the past week or so. Luckily, the weekends allow me to catch up on my rest.
Bump:
![]() |
| 31 Weeks |
Wil's version ~ 31 Weeks - coming soon...


No comments:
Post a Comment