Wednesday, December 29, 2010

30 Weeks

How far along: 30 weeks (THIRTY WEEKS?!!!!) Only 70 days remaining...

Total weight gain: 17 lbs (too many Christmas goodies?)

How I'm feeling this week: After all the chaos of the holidays, I'm thankful this week... thankful that Baby Shep, Wil, and I are healthy. It was kind of comforting hearing his heart beat for 4 hours the other night. I hope his hyper-nature is no indication of the sleep pattern he'll have after he's born. I woke up at 3 a.m. last night for my usually bathroom visit. I couldn't fall back asleep right away, because Baby Shep was throwing himself a party in my belly. I finally understand what women mean when they say I'll miss being pregnant.  There's just something soothing about feeling our little boy kick inside of me.  Unfortunately, I know I'm gradually entering the miserable stage of pregnancy.

Doctor's appointment: I go back Monday morning. It seems like I was just there. These every 2 week appointments are going to make these last 10 weeks fly by! Up until now, I've totally avoided all labor/delivery conversations with my doctor. However, I keep thinking about being in the L&D room Christmas Eve night. That bed gives me nightmares! The bottom just pops off and the stirrups are right there! AHHHH! I'm so not mentally prepared for actual childbirth. On a bright note, Wil and I start 4 weeks of "Prepared Childbirth" classes next Wednesday night. I keep going back and forth about everything. Is it better to just not know what's going on? Sometimes, I think so... Other times, I'm dying to know everything that's going to happen to me, my body, and Baby Shep... then I get anxiety and return to my "ignorance is bliss" mindset.

Registering: I know, I know... We've got to register AND decide on a name for Baby Shep. Wil and I had fun kicking around names with our families over the holidays.  They're forecasting rain, so Wil and I plan on registering this weekend sometime. Fingers crossed for a fun, relaxing registration process.

Bump: My belly is getting wider, and my poor belly button is so ready to pop! The top part is starting to pucker outwards.  I know it'll officially be an "outie" any day now.

No comments:

Post a Comment