Monday, December 13, 2010

27 Weeks (a little late)

Ok... So I've been a total slacker... Here's a post I wrote up last Wednesday but never got around to posting. I've modified it.

How far along: 27 Weeks (as of last Wednesday)

Total weight gain: 12 lbs (also as of last Wednesday)

How I'm feeling (part 1): Tired... Today Wednesday was the Christmas party at my office. It's always so much fun, but I'm definitely exhausted now. I kept begging for a nap, but they didn't think I should get paid for one.  We've had a lot going on lately.  (1) My work schedule has been totally scrambled, and our auditors are there this week and next.  (2) We're still finalizing our upcoming move and are scheduled to close on the 20th (although it might happen on the 17th).   (3) I still help with KWC cheerleading. We have had our Christmas party Friday night, and games coming up on Saturday, Tuesday, and Thursday.  (4) Wil's work Christmas party is tomorrow was Thursday night.  (5) I'm really, really hoping to do some Christmas baking this weekend with my mom, but it all depends on the weather. We got lots of snow over the weekend, which totally eliminated my hopes of a Mommy and Me baking day.      I'm trying not to stress about the ultimate chaos of our life over the next month. It truly will be crammed full. Wil and I were talking last night about how nice it would be to have at least one relaxing weekend before Baby Shep comes, but we doubt it'll happen. 

How I'm feeling (part 2): Overwhelmed. We have SOOOOO much to do before our little one gets here. I know I'm not allowed to stress, but we seriously have tons to do before he comes. We need:
     (1) to move
     (2) to set up the nursery, which includes:
            (a) painting
            (b) assembling the furniture
            (c) purchasing a mattress and changing pad
            (d) install shelving in the closet
            (e) organize
            (f) etc, etc, etc
    (3) to register and pick dates for our baby showers
    (4) to find daycare for Baby Shep

How I'm feeling (part 3): Thankful.  We have so much coming up, and I don't want it to overshadow what matters most. Wil and I are so thankful to have each other, Baby Shep, our families, and our friends. I know there's no way we'd be able to survive these next few months (or years for that matter) without you all!  It's nice to have family and friends who are willing to step up in the middle of December to help us move.     Another big thanks:  Danielle (Wil's sister) sent us their car seat with 3(!!!) bases! It looks brand new. It's currently being stored at Wil's parents' house, so we'll have one less thing to move twice. I'll post a picture of it after I take one. She also sent a huge tub of clothes, shoes, pjs, blankets, etc.  Liam (our nephew) just turned one, and I know Baby Shep is going to enjoy lots of his hand-me-downs.

What I miss most: Wil and I have been mourning the recent loss of my belly button. It's gone... no where to be found.

Cravings: Okay... maybe I've been in denial about my cravings. Three things I eat every week: scrambled eggs, ice cream, & Great Harvest. Not just any ice cream... Premium Select Moose Tracks to be exact.

Baby Shep: He's weighs around 2 lbs and is about 14.5 inches long (as of last Wednesday).  The week 27 posts compare him to the size of a pot roast. It seems strange thinking that I'm smuggling around something that size in my torso. My next appointment is Dec 20th. 

No comments:

Post a Comment