Wil turned 25 today! I feel awful that we couldn't do something more entertaining for his birthday this year. Things have been so crazy the past couple of weeks, and we’re trying hard to prepare for the chaos of the upcoming weeks. I woke up with a throbbing sinus headache and was pretty worthless all day yesterday. Wil packed up the office, guest bedroom, and hall closets, while I worked on Christmas gifts. Wil spent most of his weekend catering to me. He even drove me to work this morning, because the roads were slick and the tires need to be replaced on my car. I intended to pick him up a birthday card on my lunch break, but that’s kind of hard without a car to leave work. We did enjoy dinner tonight at the Olive Garden and then went to his parents' house for cake. I keep apologizing for his sub par birthday, but he just laughs and says mine will be worse (My birthday is this coming Saturday– moving day and Christmas with Wil’s Granddad). I’ve spent so much time (and energy) trying to get our houses in line that I didn’t order Wil’s birthday gift, sigh… I told him this morning that we’d go online tonight and he can pick out what he wants.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY WIL! Again, I’m sorry for the lousy birthday. We’ll celebrate again once we’re settled in our new home. You’re an amazing husband, and I’m so thankful that we have each other!
No comments:
Post a Comment