Wil and I headed to Sturgis the night before Christmas Eve. We decided it'd be less stressful than rushing there Christmas Eve morning. It was nice to eat Sam's Pizza and relax for the evening with my mom and dad. Christmas Eve was a busy day. I helped Mom finish fixing finger foods, so we could all eat around lunch time. Katie and Josh were there as well as my brother and his family. It was a little noisy and way busy, but we all had a great time!
 |
| Merry Christmas! |
 |
| Dad with his presents |
 |
| Mom with her goodies |
 |
| Josh & Katie |
 |
| Abbie & Brian |
 |
| Gavin & Macie |
After everyone left, Wil and I were so exhausted that we decided to take a lil nap on the couch before we left town. We woke up about 4:30, and it wasn't snowing yet. We decided we'd just stay and go to church with my mom before heading back to Owensboro for the night. When we got out of church, the ground was covered in snow! Wil and I knew we had a long drive ahead of us, and we planned on just taking it real slow. Unfortunately, my Jimmy had different plans. We ended up in a ditch turned most of the way over on the passenger side. We weren't hurt, but we were worried about our little one. I knew I felt him kick a few times, but I was way paranoid. It was a long, long night of waiting for a trooper, a tow truck, and driving back to Owensboro (I couldn't be seen at the Union Co. Hospital because they don't have the baby capability). We got to the Owensboro hospital around 10:30, and they said they wanted to observe me for 4 hours to verify that everything was okay with Baby Shep. The nurse's initial reaction was that the heartbeat was strong and I wasn't having any contractions... the observation process was just to be extra safe. Luckily, Wil and I weren't hurt at all and Baby Shep was just fine. We're both a little sore, but we're very thankful that we are safe. We made it home a little after 3 a.m. Christmas morning. Merry Christmas, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment