Tuesday, February 5, 2013

1 month

Parker will turn 2 in one month. In a lot of ways, I feel like he’s already 2… maybe it’s because he’s so big or because he’s talking so much. He seriously cracks me up with the things he says. I’ve never understood how some moms can count the number of words her child says. Parker talks constantly. He’s really thriving on independence and sometimes I worry we’re creating a little monster. He’ll ask for a drink and we’ll start to grab a cup. “Not that one.”  Seriously child?

He’s also starting to show frustration and utter heart break over the silliest things. “It’s broken” is one of the funniest. Parker won’t want a cracker, because “it’s broken.” Cereal bars are the worst. I watched him snap one in half and then cry buffalo tears because it was broken.
It’s fun listening to Parker in the car. He loves pointing out different things he sees – tractors, big trucks, school bus, cows.  He’s also starting to call more people at daycare by name. I love the way he says Elliot, who is his best friend at daycare. We’re working on his colors and getting nowhere. I’m sure he’ll get better at it with time.  Parker’s also really into books, and he's starting to look at books more independently.

No comments:

Post a Comment