On Monday night, Parker yelled that he needed to go to the
potty. We rushed in there and sat for a while. His favorite potty book is Once Upon a Potty, and his favorite part
is when it says, “He sat and he sat and he sat and he sat and he sat and he
sat……” Parker finally said he was done,
but he hadn’t gone yet. His diaper was a little wet, so I assumed he went a
little before saying he needed to go. He ran commando through the living room
for us to get another diaper. Next thing I knew, he was in the kitchen asking
for a treat. No potty, no treat. Sorry kid. I stuck my head in the kitchen, and
Parker was standing with the pantry doors open looking for a treat. I finally
got him to run to me so we could put his diaper back on. It was then that I
realized his socks were wet. “Parker, did you pee-pee in the kitchen?” He pointed to the kitchen and said, “Mess.
Mess.” Sure enough, he peed on the floor
and all over the bottom shelf of the pantry.
We were kind of over the whole potty thing by this morning, but Parker apparently wasn’t. He asked to go to the potty, and we were running early for daycare so I put him up on the potty. Sure enough – “I did it!!!” 3 more smarties for my little man. We’re now trying to decide when is best to officially start potty training – maybe this weekend? Wish us luck…

No comments:
Post a Comment