Saturday, February 2, 2013

Potty Time


We know Parker is still kind of young to be potty-training, but he’s definitely expressing a growing interest in the potty. At this point, he calls the shots. Surprisingly, he’s told us five times that he needed to potty and then actually successfully went in the potty. I can’t count the number of times he says “potty!” and doesn’t actually go.  This one particular night was pretty sweet. Parker wanted to potty, but he didn’t want just me to take him. It was a whole family event in the bathroom waiting for Parker to go. He did it, and we celebrated with a “treat” (fruit snacks). He was so proud of himself.  Sometimes we think that Parker’s mistaken the potty with a fun place to just read books. I’m excited to see how this whole potty process goes for him. Some weekends I think he might be ready, and then he gets sick again and all that potty business gets shoved to the back burner.



No comments:

Post a Comment